Rabat – Will another Hollywood production shoot in Morocco? According to American movie-focused outlet Omega Underground, the third part of the Sherlock Holmes saga could film some scenes in locations within the Kingdom.Besides Morocco, the movie is already set to shoot primarily in London, the home of the characters.For this new adventure, American actor Robert Downey Jr. will again don his Sherlock Holmes suit, while British actor Jude Law will assume his role as Holmes’s sidekick, Dr. Watson. Original director Guy Ritchie has not been confirmed yet to return. Warner Bros. plans to release its production on December 25, 2020. The far-off launch date may be a result of the leading actor’s busy schedule. Downey Jr. just finished shooting the last Avengers film and Jude Law is about to wrap up filming for Captain Marvel.Released in 2010, Sherlock Holmes is the story of the legendary detective of the same name, accompanied by his sidekick Dr. Watson; the duo relentlessly pursues criminals of all kinds. Holmes’s weapons are: a keen sense of observation and deduction, erudition, and curiosity.Morocco will welcome two other Hollywood productions this year. Keanu Reeves’s famous John Wick saga is revving up for round three in the kingdom. The Canadian actor is set to shoot in the North African country, following filming which began in Japan and Montreal April 25.Additionally, American actor, singer, and filmmaker Johnny Depp will soon fly to the kingdom with British actors Robert Pattinson and Mark Rylance to shoot Waiting for the Barbarians, produced by Colombian filmmaker Ciro Guerra.“We hope to start shooting at the end of the year in Morocco. It will be my first film outside of Colombia and in English,” said the director in a statement to AFP.
The Government today said that it had appointed a fresh committee to study the possibility of continuing the port city project.Cabinet Spokesperson Rajitha Senaratne said thata proposal had been made by Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe to the cabinet this week to appoint a committee of high ranking officials to consider the ability of permitting the continuation of the project which has remained suspended since March. “As per the recommendations of the committee appointed to review this project the construction work has currently been suspended. The proposal made by the Prime Minister, to appoint a committee of high ranking officials chaired by the Secretary to the Prime Minister for considering the ability of permitting the continuation of this project after correcting the lapses and procedures was approved by the cabinet of ministers,” Senaratne said. The 1.4 billion US dollar port city project funded by China Communications Construction Company LTD. was suspended by the new Sri Lankan government which took office in January after concerns were raised over some aspects of the project. Sri Lanka’s Deputy Minister of Highways Eran Wickramaratne recently said that there was no corruption involved in the Colombo Port City project and the only concern was if the proper procedures had been followed.The project began construction in September 2014 and is expected to attract 20 to 25 billion US dollars of foreign investments once completed.