FARMINGTON – The third annual Senior Resource Fair will be held on Saturday, Sept. 29, offering workshops and information booths with information about local resources for seniors. The event is presented by SeniorsPlus and will run from 8 a.m. to noon at Mt. Blue High School.The Senior Resource Fair will showcase area agencies and programs that provide support and services for older adults in the Farmington area. Guests will have the opportunity to learn about these different organizations, what they offer, and how they can help older adults in Franklin County to continue to live at home. SeniorsPlus will have a table with staff members to answer questions about local services. Also available will be free blood pressure checks and cholesterol screenings. There is no charge for the event and it will include a complimentary lunch made by the Mt. Blue High School culinary students.Three workshops will be offered covering the following topics: introducing Healthy Living for ME and its programs for improving health; changing gender roles in society; and avoiding scams.The Senior Resource Fair is presented by SeniorsPlus in collaboration with its community partners on a three-year Maine Health Access Foundation “Thriving in Place” grant that focuses on the Farmington and Rangeley communities. The goal of the grant is to assist people with chronic health conditions to stay healthy in their homes rather than needing hospital or nursing home care.SeniorsPlus is grateful for the support of the partners of the Seniors Resource Fair: Western Maine Community Action, Healthy Community Coalition, Rangeley Health & Wellness, Rangeley Family Medicine, Franklin County Health Network, Senior Center, and Western Maine Transportation.For more information, visit www.seniorsplus.org or contact Mary Richards at [email protected] or 207-864-2645.Established in 1972 and headquartered in Lewiston, SeniorsPlus is the Western Maine designated Agency on Aging covering Franklin, Oxford, and Androscoggin counties. The overall program goal of SeniorsPlus is to assist older people and adults with disabilities in its tri-county area to remain safely at home for as long as possible.
And Celtic are at the summit of Group D following a 1-0 home win over Dinamo Zagreb. Tottenham conceded an 89th minute equaliser in drawing 1-1 at home to Turkish team Besiktas in the Europa League last night. It was a penalty, scored by ex-Chelsea man Demba Ba.Spurs are now third in Group C on 2 points.Everton top Group H after a 1-1 draw in Russia against FK Krasnodar.
The superlatives are raining down upon the 49ers, and for good reason. They’re perfect through two games (attention 1972 Dolphins, break out the worry beads). They’re averaging 414 yards per game. They have scored 72 points in two games, one less than they scored in all of October last year.They have a little kismet going for them as well (if you discount Joe Staley’s broken leg). They’re about to play the Pittsburgh Steelers without Ben Roethlisberger. Then comes two bye weeks (an official …
“The transaction will provide a strengthened and diversified offering to both sets of our clients, bolstering Investec’s capability to become one of Ireland’s leading specialist banking groups.” “The deal will bring together to like-minded and innovative businesses whose operations are very complementary and whose combined experience and expertise will create real added value,” NCB chief executive Connor O’Kelly said in a statement this week. South African banking and asset management group Investec’s Irish arm is to acquire NCB Group, an Irish financial services provider specialising in wealth management, corporate finance, capital markets, venture capital and investment funds, for about €32-million. Investec Ireland CEO Michael Cullen said that NCB was long established and well-regarded both domestically and internationally. SAinfo reporterWould you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo material Since setting up in Ireland in 2000, Investec Ireland has built up a successful capital markets business and has become a leading provider of treasury products to Irish corporates and is a market leader in the personal deposit market. 30 January 2012 According to the statement, the combined business created by the deal will deliver a more diversified product and service offering, broader international access and enhanced financial strength for the existing clients of NCB. “We believe that Investec’s balance sheet strength and diversified product offering will resonate very well with existing and prospective clients.” “The NCB business will complement our successful capital markets business in Ireland and is consistent with the group’s overall objective to expand its fee based and capital light activities,” he said. Internationally, Investec Ireland has a significant business in the structured equities arena. The company currently employs over 110 people in Ireland. NCB is one of Ireland’s leading financial services groups, and employs 120 people at its Dublin headquarters, from where it services a client base of high net-worth individuals, Irish and international corporate customers and institutional investors.
Ace drag-flicker Sandeep Singh and star midfielder Sardar Singh were handed a lifeline after Hockey India on Wednesday decided to lift the two-year ban imposed on them for indiscipline, saying the two players were given “a last chance” to make amends for their mistakes.HI executive director Anupam Ghulati said the decision to revoke the ban was taken after the two players “expressed unconditional regret” for their indiscipinary acts before the Appeals Committee.”Sandeep and Sardar appeared before the Appeals Committee today and expressed their unconditional regret. So keeping in view their age, performance and future potential the committee decided to revoke the ban,” Ghulati said.”But both the players have given in writting that if they are again found guilty of any misconduct in future the two-year ban can be re-imposed on them,” he said.Both Sandeep and Sardar were banned for two years by HI’s disciplinary committee for repeatedly indulging in indiciplinary acts after they quit midway the national camp in Bangalore last month ahead of the Asian Champions Trophy, citing personal reasons.The two players were, however, appealed against the ban last week after HI gave them 30 days’ time to do so. The HI official added that now with the ban revoked, both Sandeep and Sardar have been asked to join the ongoing national camp in Bangalore with immediate effect.Ghulati, however, made it clear that the duo’s selection in the Indian team for the four-nation nine-a-side Super Series tournament in Perth, Australia in October is subject to their fitness and performance in the selection trials scheduled to be held in Bangalore on September 26.advertisementSandeep, on his part, heaved a sigh of relief at HI’s decision and said from now onwards his only focus is hockey.”It was a one of the worst phases of my career which thankfully has passed. Now my only focus will be my game,” he said when contacted.”We (myself and Sardar) will be joining the national camp tomorrow. I am now determined to do well for India in the upcoming international tournaments,” Sandeep added.Asked whether he and Sardar have given any assurance about maintaining “proper conduct” in writing to HI, Sandeep said, “Yes, we have submitted in writting to the Appeals Committee that they can ban us in future if we repeat such things.”Today’s hearing was attended by Sports Authority of India’s executive director (Teams) Dr PC Kashyap, two government observers — Harbinder Singh and Dilip Tirkey, athlete’s representative Rajnish Mishra and from HI M Baladitya and Gurdeep Singh apart from the national body’s secretary general Narinder Batra.
West Rural St. Andrew Communities Receive Electricity Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 22 Nov 2014 – Fatality last night in the Bight area. Accident scene photos and videos at PTV8 facebook page.Driver of blue Ford Ranger slams into power pole and some residents of Leeward Highway near Nell’s Gift Store are in the dark. The man is said to be in his fifties and is believed to be Jamaican. Electricity has been down off about a half hour.Magnetic Media is aware of the driver’s identity. We will withhold that info to be sure next of kin is properly notified.The identity is already being circulated and another TCI family today suffers a sudden loss. Recommended for you Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:car accident, electricity, jamaican, leeward highway, nell’s gift store, no pwer, power pole FortisTCI reports 60% decrease in electricity bills 19 year old Beaches worker airlifted to Jamaica after serious accident
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 22 Apr 2015 – A message from First Global Insurance says to its loyal Customers and Business Partners…First Global is relocating to new offices at Salt Mills Plaza Unit #25 in Grace Bay, next door to Wrightfully Fit. In order to facilitate the move, the current First Global office will be closed April 29th and 30th. The New office for First Global in Salt Mills Plaza opens on May 1st. Related Items:first global, moving, office, salt mills Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp