Santita Ebangwese keys Syracuse volleyball’s 5-set win over Wake Forest

first_imgWith the game on the line, Syracuse kept feeding Santita Ebangwese and she delivered. Off a set from one of her teammates, Ebangwese flew over and pounded the ball right through Wake Forest’s front line.When the ball hit the ground, she screamed in celebration. The kill gave the Orange its first win in three games.Ebangwase had been dominant all game. In the final set, she broke out scoring four of the teams last five points on kills.Syracuse (6-15, 5-6 Atlantic Coast) beat Wake Forest (9-13, 5-6) in a five-set match in the Women’s Building on Friday night. Ebangwese led the way for SU with 16 kills and a dominant fifth-set performance.Ebangwese was influential from the start, though. In the first set, she leapt high, got under the ball and lofted one into the back right corner of the court. The ball dropped and gave Syracuse a one-point lead at the end of the set, which it eventually won.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“The first set most of my kills were tips in the right spot,” Ebangwese said, “I kept tipping and tipping and said, ‘Let’s get a hit in there.’ Just to let them I can hit as well as tip so they respect that too.”Aside from leading the team in kills, she finished with no errors and a .640 hit percentage.She was a vocal leader on and off the court, getting just as fiery for a teammates success as her own. She communicated orders, helped teammates get set up and belted out yells to celebrate points SU won.“Santita’s crazy on the court, after she gets a kill or a block she’s going crazy,” teammate Belle Sand said. “Teams that are energetic, it carries throughout the entire team, I think everyone feels her excitement.”Ebangwese’s play elevated the Orange, head coach Leonid Yelin said. The individual hitting percentages were one of the biggest weaknesses to take away from SU’s victory Friday night.“It’s hard to believe we overcame it,” Said Coach Yelin, “I don’t remember (when it’s ever happened) and we still (won).”But Yelin did acknowledge Ebangwese’s play. She was one of two players on the Orange to surpass 10 kills (Anastasiya Gorelina had 11) and had the most total attack attempts without an error on the team.Yelin said her hot streak was due to a change in strategy.“Lately we’ve been playing safe,” Yelin said, “It felt like if we started feeding Santita in the middle they were not ready for it.” Comments Published on October 28, 2016 at 11:45 pm Contact Michael: [email protected] | @MikeJMcCleary Facebook Twitter Google+last_img read more

Inishowen road in “awful state” prohibiting HSE from treating elderly, Cllr says

first_imgConcern has been expressed over what has been described as a road in ‘an awful state’ which is stopping the HSE from treating the elderly in the area. Councillor Rena Donaghey said the road in on the outskirts of Buncrana was also prohibiting Home Help service and An Post from gaining easy access to the area.It is understood that there are three dwellings in the vicinity, including one with “a very sick person” which is stopping the HSE from travelling down the road due to its disrepair. Asking Donegal County Council to examine the road, the Inishowen councillor said: “One road in particular that I wanted to highlight is a road in Ballynahone, which is a county road and is an awful state altogether.“The HSE bus has refused to go down to pick up a very sick person, the postman is complaining and I have received a letter from the home help worker which says she has broken two suspensions on her car and she will have to stop providing the service that she is currently providing.“A number of elderly be on the bus when they are collecting the resident in the area and they’re nearly shaking apart when travelling down the road.”“What I am asking is that the Donegal County Council to add it to an emergency list and for it to be repaired as soon as possible.” Seamus Hopkins, Area Manager for Donegal County Council, said the authority would consider the road as a matter of urgency.Inishowen road in “awful state” prohibiting HSE from treating elderly, Cllr says was last modified: October 30th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Guard Kelechi Osemele misses practice again, is questionable to face Chargers

first_imgFor complete Oakland Raiders coverage follow us on Flipboard.ALAMEDA — The Raiders are preparing for the possibility of being without two-time Pro Bowl left guard Kelechi Osemele when they visit the Los Angeles Chargers Sunday.Osemele, who left for eight snaps against Cleveland with a knee injury but later returned, did not practice during a walkthrough session Friday and was officially listed as questionable.“We’ll have to wait and see,” coach Jon Gruden said. “That’s the best I can say …last_img

Ohio Ag Weather and Forecast – September 13, 2018

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The forecast pattern solidifies this morning with our dry run continuing through the weekend and through the earlypart of next week. This is not a surprise, as we have been calling this pretty much all week. We did have to deal with some clouds building in over the state yesterday afternoon and there can be some clouds lingering today. This may keep our temps from climbing too fast today, but we also do not see any precipitation threat from these clouds that may move through. We also see full sunshine for the rest of the week and weekend, which will allow for significant warming.Florence is slowing as she nears the coast and will be a very strong hurricane. As she slows, we project a slight drift or turn to the south. This will continue throw plenty of moisture in over the southeast, but with a strong high still here over the corn belt, that moisture will not have any means of moving toward us right away. We are calling for dry weather right on through at least Monday, but there looks to be a better threat of scattered showers next Tuesday in southern and far eastern Ohio. Coverage will be limited to about 40% of the state with actual precipitation, but clouds will likely be seen in many more areas of the state, and that may keep temps under a lid. This is a change in our forecast, but we do not think the effects of the storm will be as dramatic as some models continue to try and show. Central, western and northern parts of the state should be just fine. We will keep watching where Florence tries to move after she moves inland. The map at right shows precipitation potential through next Wednesday morning.Our next front moves through quickly later next Wednesday evening into early Thursday. Rain potential is minor, a few hundredths to .3” over 50% of the state. Then we are dry for the balance of the week, next Thursday and Friday. Later Saturday we have a stronger front moving in from the NW, which can bring up to .75” of rain to about 70% of the state. That system is much, much more organized.In the extended window, another system for the 25th could bring scattered showers back. However, we are more interested in the air masses behind that front and the one before it. WE are seeing signs of Canadian high pressure settling in over the prairies and the northern plains late in the 11-16 day forecast window. So, we think the front for the 22nd, and the front for the 25th will be what we need to usher in this cooler, drier Canadian high pressure dome. This will take temps from the above normal levels we see this weekend and next week to near normal and perhaps even a bit below normal as we look to finish out the month of October. That being said, there is no thought about of concern over any kind of early cold snap or frost. But, we also are not going to see the warmth of the next week or so hold right on into early October either, the way it looks right now. This is a good harvest forecast, though, with very little precipitation threat until next weekend (we are already discounting the midweek event rather heavily)last_img read more

Quora for the Enterprise: Two Contenders

first_imgCognitive Automation is the Immediate Future of… Tags:#enterprise#Trends klint finley IT + Project Management: A Love Affair Related Posts center_img Massive Non-Desk Workforce is an Opportunity fo… 3 Areas of Your Business that Need Tech Now Last week we asked whether we needed a Yelp for the enterprise. Ed Borasky suggested that Quora could fill the role of providing crowdsourced reviews of enterprise software vendors. Focus.com, a more business-centric questions and answer site, could possibly do this as well. But what about Quora for the enterprise? As in, an internal questions and answers for work related questions? Quora hasn’t ruled-out doing this itself, but founder Adam D’Angelo says that it would be too much of a distraction for the company to do so anytime soon. In the meantime, two companies offering a Q&A solution for enterprises: MindQuilt and Opzi.Do We Really Need One?There are already plenty of enterprise forums and microblogs, why would we need a dedicated questions and answers site? Furthermore, such a thing would be trivial to implement on SharePoint. And if there were a real demand, it seems like something one of the social media suite vendors like Jive and Socialtext could add pretty quickly. We love best-of-breed solutions, but at what point does something become too niche?The other side of the argument is that a dedicated Q&A format brings a functional structure to a forum or microblog that can encourage adoption and make it easier to solve actual business problems. Rypple is a good example of a company gaining traction by adding some light structure microblogging to create a simple but useful tool.These types of tools may end up finding success through enterprise app markets.OpziOpzi is a service for organizations building internal Q&A sites. It’s currently in private beta. It will use a Yammer-like model: users will sign-up with their company e-mail address and will then be able to ask and answer questions specific to their company. Those that have had an early look say it is very similar to Quora.MindQuiltMindQuilt is already available to the public. It bills itself as a knowledge base focused on routing questions to the appropriate person. It’s available as a standalone SaaS or through the Google Apps Marketplace.Co-Founder Daniel Kim doesn’t see MindQuilt as competing with Opzi. He writes on Quora: “MindQuilt is more concentrated on the routing problem, i.e. if somebody asks a question, how can we find the best person in the Enterprise to best answer it.” However, according to an interview with TechCrunch, Opzi is also looking at the routing problem. MindQuilt co-founder Filippo Diotalevi has some other thoughts on the competition between the two companies on his blog.MindQuilt is applying gamification principles in an attempt to drive adoption, though Kim admits that the gaming piece may end up being a distraction.Kim says most of MindQuilt’s IP is centered around:a) How do you ingest content from multiple placesb) What are the relevant bits (i.e. out of a 25 page document with 10 pages of boilerplate, what are the juicy bits)c) How can we make sure that a topic can be shared (or restricted) from a group of co-workersIt sounds like access control is a priority for MindQuilt. That’s going to be a critical issue for enterprises sharing data across silos.ConclusionThis is still a young category, and there’s a lot of value to be tapped here. We wouldn’t be surprised to see companies like Jive and Yammer adding Q&A features in the near future. But if you want to get started with an internal Quora-like site for your organization today, MindQuilt is already available.Photo by Valerie Everettlast_img read more

Hockey India lifts ban on Sandeep, Sardar

first_imgAce drag-flicker Sandeep Singh and star midfielder Sardar Singh were handed a lifeline after Hockey India on Wednesday decided to lift the two-year ban imposed on them for indiscipline, saying the two players were given “a last chance” to make amends for their mistakes.HI executive director Anupam Ghulati said the decision to revoke the ban was taken after the two players “expressed unconditional regret” for their indiscipinary acts before the Appeals Committee.”Sandeep and Sardar appeared before the Appeals Committee today and expressed their unconditional regret. So keeping in view their age, performance and future potential the committee decided to revoke the ban,” Ghulati said.”But both the players have given in writting that if they are again found guilty of any misconduct in future the two-year ban can be re-imposed on them,” he said.Both Sandeep and Sardar were banned for two years by HI’s disciplinary committee for repeatedly indulging in indiciplinary acts after they quit midway the national camp in Bangalore last month ahead of the Asian Champions Trophy, citing personal reasons.The two players were, however, appealed against the ban last week after HI gave them 30 days’ time to do so. The HI official added that now with the ban revoked, both Sandeep and Sardar have been asked to join the ongoing national camp in Bangalore with immediate effect.Ghulati, however, made it clear that the duo’s selection in the Indian team for the four-nation nine-a-side Super Series tournament in Perth, Australia in October is subject to their fitness and performance in the selection trials scheduled to be held in Bangalore on September 26.advertisementSandeep, on his part, heaved a sigh of relief at HI’s decision and said from now onwards his only focus is hockey.”It was a one of the worst phases of my career which thankfully has passed. Now my only focus will be my game,” he said when contacted.”We (myself and Sardar) will be joining the national camp tomorrow. I am now determined to do well for India in the upcoming international tournaments,” Sandeep added.Asked whether he and Sardar have given any assurance about maintaining “proper conduct” in writing to HI, Sandeep said, “Yes, we have submitted in writting to the Appeals Committee that they can ban us in future if we repeat such things.”Today’s hearing was attended by Sports Authority of India’s executive director (Teams) Dr PC Kashyap, two government observers — Harbinder Singh and Dilip Tirkey, athlete’s representative Rajnish Mishra and from HI M Baladitya and Gurdeep Singh apart from the national body’s secretary general Narinder Batra.last_img read more