Lakers end Anthony Davis talks over ‘outrageous’ demands

first_imgPhivolcs: Slim probability of Taal Volcano caldera eruption In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ READ: NBA fines Anthony Davis $50000 for making public trade demandThat offer is reported to have included Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, Ivica Zubac and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope as well as two first round draft picks.However the Pelicans had requested between six and eight draft picks.“They wanted more and more and more,” the Times quoted one source familiar with the negotiations as saying. “There was no more to give… the more they wanted the more it because outrageous and unrealistic.”Davis, a 25-year-old forward who helped the United States capture 2012 London Olympic gold is the most prized player up for grabs as Thursday’s NBA trade deadline approaches.ADVERTISEMENT MOST READ Ginebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup title Rich Paul, Davis’s agent and James’s agent, revealed the Davis trade demand a week ago, leading to a $50,000 fine for Davis from the NBA but forcing the Pelicans’ hand, lest he play out his contract next year and leave without any compensation.ESPN reported Monday that Davis has given the Pelicans a list with a “handful” of clubs where he would sign a long-term deal after a trade, saying it includes Milwaukee and does not include Boston.The Lakers, Milwaukee, New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers are on the list, according to the Los Angeles Times.Bringing Davis to the Lakers to play alongside James would give the team another major two-man combination in their history of success with such duos as Shaquille O’Neal and Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Magic Johnson and Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES Looking for answers Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Japeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for Ginebra Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil FILE – Josh Hart #3 of the Los Angeles Lakers celebrates with Brandon Ingram #14 during a 130-111 loss to the Golden State Warriors at Staples Center on January 21, 2019 in Los Angeles, California. Harry How/Getty Images/AFPThe Los Angeles Lakers have withdrawn from negotiations with the New Orleans Pelicans over Anthony Davis after complaining of “outrageous” trade requests, the Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday.The Times said the Lakers had “pulled out” of talks with the Pelicans aimed at acquiring Davis after offering multiple players and draft picks for the All-Star.ADVERTISEMENT READ: Lakers boost Anthony Davis offer as Pelicans get wishlistDavis, who announced his desire to leave New Orleans earlier this month, is reportedly keen to join the Lakers and form a partnership with LeBron James.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back ChrissSPORTSCoronation night?SPORTSThirdy Ravena gets‍‍‍ offers from Asia, Australian ball clubsHowever, the Times, citing a person with knowledge of the negotiations, reported Tuesday that the Lakers had now ended discussions after growing increasingly frustrated with the Pelicans.The report said that Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson informed Pelicans general manager Dell Demps that the organization had made its best and final offer and would not add anything else. Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Tom Brady most dominant player in AFC championship history Philippine Army to acquire MANPADS, self-propelled howitzers Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines? View commentslast_img read more

CBL Begins Seminar for Rural Financial Institutions in Ganta

first_imgThe CBL head and participants after the opening of the seminar.The Central Bank of Liberia is conducting a seminar and capacity building forum on the management of rural community financial institutions (RCFIs) in Liberia.The seminar, which started on Monday, December 11 at the Guinea Embassy Entertainment Center in Ganta City, Nimba County, will bring together Board Members of the RCFIs – local banking institutions established by the CBL.The workshop will cover topics such as, RCFIs prospects and challenges (the Liberian experience); needs assessment of RCFIs; discussion SWOT analysis of ACDI/VOCA; and the importance of community banking (the Sierra Leone experience).Foreign facilitators at CBL’s RCFI seminarOthers will be the role and responsibility of the APEX/TASU in the supervision and regulation of RCFI (the Sierra Leone experience); regulatory framework; returns and reporting standards for RCFIs; core banking software/procedures and operation of the RCFIs’ credit and credit risk analysis in RCFI, among others.The CBL has brought experts from Sierra Leone to share their experiences with regards to the running of community banking institutions.Executive Governor Milton Weeks said the Central Bank held the first seminar for RCFIs in August 2015 as a means of building the capacities of the staff, ‘which is an indication of CBL’s commitment to Liberians.’He said the CBL believes that RCFIs can have an impact on the lives of Liberians.Meanwhile, a release from the City Mayor of Ganta has called on the CBL and Afriland Bank to extend branches to other parts of Nimba to ease some of the banking problems faced by farmers and civil servants.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)last_img read more

Update-Crash Kills FSJ Man

first_imgIn Alberta there’s police confirmation that a 79-year-old Fort St. John man is dead following a two-vehicle crash near Fox Creek. The deceased driver of a Honda Civic has been identified as Percy Prestwich. Latest reports indicate the crash occurred on Highway 43, about 40 kilometers north of Fox Creek late last Friday afternoon. A 60 year old Edson man driving the pickup suffered non-life-threatening injuries. He was flown by STARS air ambulance to Grande Prairie hospital, and later transferred to Edmonton. Police have said nothing yet about the possibility of charges.- Advertisement –last_img

La Habra draws defending champion

first_img11:00 La Habra High school will open the fifth annual Showtime softball tournament against Cerritos Valley Christian, and then take on defending champion Lakewood when action begins Saturday at Regional Park in La Mirada. Eight teams, including four Daily News schools, will play two games each in the tournament. The competition continues with pool play May 6, with the championship game scheduled at 1 p.m. that day. The schedule for Saturday’s first two rounds: 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! (Field 1) 9 a.m. — La Habra vs. Cerritos Valley Christian; 11 a.m. — CVC vs. La Mirada; 1 p.m. — Lakewood vs. La Habra; 3 p.m. — Lakewood vs. La Mirada. (Field 2) 9 a.m. — Long Beach Poly vs. Norco; 11 a.m. — Norco vs. St. Paul; 1 p.m. — Long Beach Poly vs. El Rancho; 3 p.m. — El Rancho vs. St. Paul. Next week’s schedule: (Field 1) 9 a.m. — La Habra vs. La Mirada; 11 a.m. — Lakewood vs. CVC; 1 p.m. — Championship game; 3 p.m. — 5th/6th place game. (Field 2) 9 a.m. — El Rancho vs. Norco; 11 a.m. — Long Beach Poly vs. St. Paul; 1 p.m. — 3rd/4th place game; 3 p.m. — 7th/8th place game.last_img read more

‘Could’ve scored more,’ says Batshuayi after two-goal Dortmund bow

first_img0Shares0000Dortmund’s Michy Batshuayi celebrates after scoring during the Bundesliga match between FC Cologne vs Borussia Dortmund © AFP / Patrik STOLLARZBERLIN, Germany, Feb 3 – Michy Batshuayi scored twice on his Borussia Dortmund debut in Friday’s 3-2 Bundesliga win at bottom side Cologne — just two days after signing on loan from Chelsea.Head coach Peter Stoeger, who was sacked by Cologne in December, threw the Belgian striker in at the deep end to replace Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Dortmund sold their top-scorer to Arsenal for £56 million ($79 million, 63 million euros), then signed Batshuayi hours later as cover until May.“I am very happy, but the most important thing was the win,” Batshuayi told Eurosport.“It’s my first match, it was always going to be difficult.“I could have scored more but the most important is the win and the three points.“My goal with Dortmund is to keep winning, finishing as high as possible to play in the Champions League next season.”Having already scored 12 goals for Chelsea this season, Batshuayi scored 35 minutes into his Bundesliga debut when he fired home a cross.Cologne equalised with an hour gone, but the 24-year-old Batshuayi showed ice-cool finishing to restore the lead less than two minutes later.He could have finished with a hat-trick having put the ball in the net just before the break, but the video assistant referee (VAR) spotted he was offside.Cologne levelled for the second time when Jorge Mere headed home, but Batshuayi provided the final pass for Andre Schuerrle to hit the winner.The win broke Dortmund’s run of three draws.It lifts them to second in the table, level on 34 points with Bayer Leverkusen and Schalke who play Saturday, behind leaders Bayern Munich.The defeat ends Cologne’s four-match unbeaten run which yielded 10 points to boost survival hopes.Batshuayi grabbed his first goal when Dortmund left-back Jeremy Toljan fired a cross into the box for the Belgian striker to fire home.The pair combined again just before the break when Batshuayi again tapped home, but the goal was ruled offside by the VAR.It was 1-0 at the break, but Cologne drew level on 60 minutes when second-half replacement midfielder Simon Zoller finished off a counter-attack.However, Dortmund replied almost immediately.Christian Pulisic headed down a long ball and Batshuayi robbed Cologne defender Dominique Heintz before firing home from a tight angle.Cologne equalised again on 69 minutes when Mere headed home from a corner.Shuerrle claimed his first league goal for 11 months when Batshuayi spotted the Germany winger free on the right and he smashed home the winner.Swiss centre-back Manuel Akanji, who cost 21.5 million euros ($26.4 million) from Basel last month, made his Dortmund debut in the dying stages off the bench.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)last_img read more

Top ref Bobby Madley was sacked for ‘mocking disabled man on Snapchat’

first_imgOne of his followers on the social media account was then said to have sent a screenshot of the post to the PGMOL.The PGMOL duly fired Madley and, according to the report, placed a gagging order on him as part of his exit package.Madley is understood to have recently split from his wife and moved to Norway.As talkSPORT revealed last week, he has already held talks with the Scandinavian country’s refereeing governing body about reviving his career there.Madley’s departure was a blow to the PGMOL, given he was considered a rising star in their ranks.He was charged with overseeing several high-profile fixtures last season, including Manchester United’s home games against Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea and Liverpool v Arsenal in March.The Yorkshireman also refereed the Community Shield game between Arsenal and Chelsea in August, 2017 and was elevated to the FIFA list last year. Bobby Madley’s career as a Premier League referee ended at age 32 2 Bobby Madley was SACKED as a Premier League referee, it has emerged.The 32-year-old was considered one of the best young officials in English football and mystery surrounded his shock departure earlier this month. 2 Bobby Madley was considered a rising star, and took charge of numerous high-profile matches The Professional Game Match Officials (PGMOL) –  the body responsible for match officials in England – only issued a brief statement at the time.It read: “Bobby Madley is no longer employed by PGMOL. We understand that he has decided to relocate due to a change in his personal circumstances.”But, according to The Sun, Madley was actually removed from his post after posting an ‘offensive and inappropriate message on his Snapchat account’.The Sun claims that he shared a picture of a disabled man with an insensitive remark about the probability of being able to beat him in a school sports day race.last_img read more

Super Computer predicts where every Scottish Premiership club will finish

first_img Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury 7 1. Celtic huge blow MONEY 7 The Scottish Premiership is proving to be an exceptionally competitive league and it’s set to get even more interesting as the campaign goes on.Celtic currently lead but the top six are only separated by five points, with Rangers among the chasing pack, which include St Johnstone, who are on a five-game winning run. Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade RANKED REVEALED Berahino hits back at b******t Johnson criticism – ‘I was in a dark place at Stoke’ 2. Rangers REVEALED Latest Football News Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions 7 shining 7 Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card 7 4. Aberdeen 3. Hearts ADVICE 12. Dundee (relegated)11. St Mirren (Premiership play-off final)10. Hamilton Academicals9. Motherwell8. Livingston7. St Johnstone Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade Meanwhile, at the other end of the table, Dundee and St Mirren prop up the table and are the likely relegation candidates right now.But how does the campaign look like panning out?With a week off from Scottish top-flight action due to the international break, we have fired up the famous talkSPORT.com super computer to predict the final league standings.Here’s the predicted final 2018/19 Scottish Premiership table which should, of course, be taken with a pinch of salt…*And if you think you’re better at predictions than the super computer, then give the talkSPORT predictor game a go! 7 5. Kilmarnock no dice BEST OF REPLY Ronaldo warned Lukaku how hard scoring goals in Serie A would be before Inter move Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won 7 6. Hibernian last_img read more

MAN ARRESTED IN MARY BOYLE CASE DUE TO BE RELEASED, CHARGED OR PERIOD EXTENDED BY 8PM

first_imgThe man arrested in connection with the disappearance of Mary Boyle 37 years ago is due to be released at 8pm tonight.The 64 year old convicted sex offender is being quizzed about the six year old’s disappearance at Mullingar Garda Station.However the man may have his period extended if Gardai decide they want to quiz him more. It was being held at the Midlands Prison where he is serving time for a sex offence.He was due to be released early this afternoon but with breaks, that period will go on until the 24 period is elapsed. MAN ARRESTED IN MARY BOYLE CASE DUE TO BE RELEASED, CHARGED OR PERIOD EXTENDED BY 8PM was last modified: October 22nd, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:arrestGardaiMARY BOYLEperiod extendedlast_img read more

Half-time: Chelsea 2 Spurs 1

first_imgRamires’ fine goal left Chelsea on the verge of a Champions League place.The Blues, whose top-four finish will effectively be guaranteed if they win tonight’s derby, went ahead when Juan Mata’s 10th-minute corner was met by Gary Cahill, whose header was nodded in by Oscar.Chelsea, with Fernando Torres and the fit-again Eden Hazard back in the starting line-up and Frank Lampard on the bench, were in control before Emmanuel Adebayor equalised on 25 minutes.Cahill allowed the striker to amble his way towards the edge of the penalty area and was punished when Adebayor found the top corner of the net with a fantastic strike.But Ramires hit back for the home side six minutes before the break.Torres did well on the right and picked out the Brazilian, who fired beyond keeper Hugo Lloris.Chelsea: Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ivanovic, Cole, Ramires, Luiz, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Torres.Subs: Turnbull, Lampard, Moses, Terry, Ba, Benayoun, Ake.Click here for our Chelsea v Spurs quiz 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 Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Pitcher: Willie McCovey turned my pitch into laces, string and a scrap of leather

first_imgClick HERE if you’re unable to view the gallery on your mobile device.Imagine Jim Barr’s excitement upon being summed to the major leagues for the first time. Imagine his amazement when the Giants showed him to his locker — right next to the locker of Willie McCovey.“He meant so much to me,” Barr said, appearing on KNBR Wednesday night, just hours after McCovey, a Giants icon and baseball Hall of Famer, died at 80.“Willie was not only a great player,” Barr told KNBR’s Drew Hoffar, “he was a …last_img