SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Wolf Administration Announces Denial of Appeal for Disaster Declaration Request National Issues, Press Release, Weather Safety Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf today announced that the President has denied his appeal for a federal disaster declaration that would have brought critical financial assistance to nine counties impacted by a crippling snowstorm in March.“At this point, we have exhausted our options for filing an appeal through the Federal Emergency Management Agency,” Governor Wolf said. “It’s unfortunate that the President didn’t grant our request for a declaration, and the citizens of northeast Pennsylvania will be the ones to suffer the financial impact of this decision.”The governor made the initial request for a disaster declaration in May and filed an appeal earlier this month in order to provide federal funding to local, county and state governments, as well as certain eligible non-profits in Bradford, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Susquehanna, Wyoming, Northumberland, Pike, Wayne and Montour counties through the Public Assistance program.According to the letter signed by Acting FEMA Administrator Robert J. Fenton, “After a thorough review of all the information contained in your initial request and appeal, we reaffirm our original findings that the impact from this event is not of the severity and magnitude that warrants a major disaster declaration. Therefore, I must inform you that your appeal for a major disaster declaration is denied.”In his letter filing the appeal, Governor Wolf cited: decreased revenues at the state and county levels; hazardous road conditions due to record or near-record snowfalls; excessive costs for plowing, hauling and disposing the crippling amounts of snow from the storm; major challenges to first responders in supporting basic and event-related emergency services as well as disaster response needs at the municipal and county level; and mobilization of a variety of local and volunteer resources to address public safety and emergency needs of citizens.A federal disaster declaration for Public Assistance would provide reimbursement of up to 75% of the costs incurred on eligible expenses for the eligible 48-hour time period. June 13, 2017
RelatedPosts Halep wins Italian Open Pliskova lands in Italian Open final New South Wales offers to host Australian Open as Melbourne battles COVID-19 spike Garbine Muguruza prevailed 7-6(8) 7-5 in a battle of attrition against world number three Simona Halep to reach her first Australian Open final on Thursday. The unseeded Spaniard arrived at Melbourne Park with low expectations but will now face American 14th seed Sofia Kenin bidding to win her third major title after emerging from a period in the Grand Slam wilderness. With the temperature nudging a scorching 40 degrees Celsius (104F) at Rod Laver Arena, Muguruza was dragged into a see-sawing scrap by Halep, a former finalist at Melbourne Park. The Spaniard had to break back from 5-4 down in the second set and then held firm to claim the win on a second match point when Romanian Halep failed to clear the net on an attempted passing shot. The 26-year-old Muguruza would not have been on many lists of pre-tournament contenders but the class and fighting spirit that propelled her to the 2016 French Open and 2017 Wimbledon titles has come flooding back in Australia. “You start day by day, that’s what I was doing,” she said. “Very excited to be in the final, it’s a long way to go. I have one more match on Saturday. “I wasn’t thinking I was down. I was thinking, ‘keep going and at some point you’re going to have your opportunity’. “I know I was facing Simona so it was going to be a hard match. So I was just hanging in there and fighting with all the energy I had.”Tags: Australian OpenGarbine MuguruzaSimona HalepSofia Kenin
With Leicester City not in action until Monday and Arsenal and Tottenham involved in the FA Cup, City can move up to third place with a win against Norwich at Carrow Road today in a 12:45 start.Despite having a crucial Champions League clash with Dynamo Kiev next Tuesday, City manager Manuel Pellegrini says that his focus is on today’s game.There are also two 3 o’clock games today in the Premier League as Bournemouth host Swansea and Southampton visit the Britannia to face Stoke. There’s another FA Cup quarter-final tie this evening.Last night, Crystal Palace became the first side to secure their progress to the last-eight after a 2-0 win over Reading.This evening, Everton and Chelsea will look to salvage their seasons as they go head-to-head at Goodison Park in a half-past-five start.
Related Articles StumbleUpon Share Premier League looks to broadcast every behind-closed-door fixture August 28, 2020 Share Spotlight ups matchday commentary reach and capacity for new EPL Season August 21, 2020 Submit Successful summer leaves Leadstar positive over industry’s recovery August 18, 2020 In time for the forthcoming season, BetVictor has unveiled the launch of its new competition, “Best Bet Wins”.The promotion commences in time for the first round of Premier League games and it replaces “Golden Goal”, which the operator has been running for the last two seasons.Best Bet Wins works in the same way as the successful World Cup campaign, “The Million Pound Bet”, with the customer who has a winning single bet with the biggest odds scooping the £5,000 prize fund. A real-time leaderboard will allow customers to track their own progress in the competition and see what bets are currently leading.In addition, £5,000 in Casino bonus funds will be shared each week by those customers occupying a top 50 position on the weekly leaderboard. New and existing customers need to stake a minimum bet of £1 on any market within a football fixture to qualify.A weekly period will, typically, begin at midnight on Sunday and conclude at 11.59pm the following Sunday, making Sunday’s late televised games of particular significance.Eoin Ryan, Head of Product at BetVictor, commented: “The success of our World Cup campaign, ‘The Million Pound Bet’, encouraged us to continue with this competition format into the forthcoming domestic season. We saw how popular the competition was in attracting new customers and retaining existing ones and how much excitement it generated during the tournament.“We want to build on the positive momentum generated by The Million Pound Bet during the World Cup as we continue to listen to our customers’ needs and expectations and constantly strive to improve the customer experience. As with The Million Pound Bet, our best-in-class #PriceItUp Builder is likely to be a valuable tool to customers when building their best bet.”