“Ladies and gentlemen, please send your prayers from Jakarta. You should focus on your duties,” Pratikno said in a widely broadcast message received by The Jakarta Post.“Please tell all broadcast groups not to come in hordes to Solo [Surakarta].”Born on Feb. 15, 1943, Sujiatmi passed away at 4:45 p.m. Jokowi arrived in Surakarta at 5:52 p.m., according to a broadcast message issued by the Presidential Secretariat’s press, media and information bureau.Jokowi immediately went to the Slamet Riyadi Military Hospital’s emergency room where his mother had been treated. Jokowi said that his mother died of throat cancer that she had had in the past four years.Sujiatmi was the daughter of Wirorejo and Sani, the only daughter among three siblings. Her parents were wood traders from Giriroto village, Ngemplak district, in Boyolali regency, which directly borders Surakarta.On Aug. 23, 1959, Sujiatmi married Widjiatno, a friend of her older brother Mulyono. The bride was 16 years old and the groom was 19.Widjiatno, who changed his name into Notomiharjo after he came of age, hailed from Kranggan village in Gondangrejo, Karanganyar regency, some 25 kilometers from Boyolali. Both his grandfather and father had been village chiefs.The marriage resulted in a son, Jokowi, who was the eldest, and three younger sisters, Iit Sriyantini, Idayati and Titik Ritawati. After the marriage, Sujiatmi shifted from being a seamstress and the couple followed her father’s trade in the wood business under the tutelage of Wirorejo and Sani.Jokowi is known as a calm, courteous, humble and hardworking person. Apparently he inherited these features from his mother.“The most important thing in raising children is to be honest in all fields,” Sujiatmi said in an interview in 2016 for the Education and Culture Ministry’s Sahabat Keluarga (Family Friends) magazine.“From their young ages, I always told my children, ‘do not take what is not yours, do not wish for others’ belongings’.”She said such honesty was the main thing she and her husband taught their children. The couple also imparted the values of good manners, living frugally and being humble to forge the characters of Jokowi and his younger sisters.She said she never thought that her son would become a high ranking official, let alone the president, and she always told him to respect the mandate he received.“I always tell him that he no longer belongs to just the family, but to the entire Indonesian nation,” Sujiatmi said.“You got promoted three times in 10 years. You have to be very grateful. Do not become swayed. Just take a straight [course].”Sujiatmi’s remains were kept at her residence on Jl. Pleret Raya in Surakarta and she was to be buried on Thursday at 1 p.m. in the family cemetery in Gondangrejo.Meanwhile, condolences have poured in over social media, such as on Twitter. Malaysian Prime Minister Muhyiddin Yassin and Australian Ambassador to Jakarta Gary Quinlan were among those who expressed their condolences over the popular platform.Central Java Governor Ganjar Pranowo told Metro TV that Sujiatmi had been active with various social and religious activities in Surakarta. Muhammadiyah chairman Haedar Nasir also said that Sujiatmi was very active in various Quran recitals held by Indonesia’s second largest Muslim organization in Surakarta.Topics : President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo faces a major blow in his efforts to quell the COVID-19 pandemic as his mother passed away at the age of 77 on Wednesday afternoon in Surakarta, Central Java, itself an epidemic center with the city administration declaring an extraordinary occurrence status.Out of 12 positive cases in Central Java, four are being treated at Surakarta’s Dr. Moewardi General Hospital and the city has had one of three deaths in the province.State Secretary Pratikno urged state officials to stay in Jakarta when praying for Sujiatmi Notomiharjo and refrain from going to Surakarta in large numbers.
Metro Sport ReporterSaturday 9 Feb 2019 7:26 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link869Shares Comment (Picture: Getty)‘We knew today was going to be hard but we are happy with the three points in the race at the top of the table,’ he said.‘We knew we had the quality to win today, it’s about us and we did that.’MORE: Unai Emery insists Arsenal working towards clean sheets away from home Lacazette scored one of Arsenal’s goals (Picture: Getty)Alexandre Lacazette admitted Arsenal should have scored more than two goals in their win over Huddersfield.The Saturday afternoon clash saw Arsenal pick up their first away win in the Premier League since November, but Huddersfield caused a late scare with an injury-time goal.Arsenal have struggled on the road this season, with costly defeats and draws away from home seriously denting the Gunners’ top four hopes. Lacazette’s goal turned out to be the difference (Picture: Getty)Lacazette was on the scoresheet for Arsenal, but conceded the Gunners need to make more chances.ADVERTISEMENTHe said: ‘Yes, I think we should have had more situations to score more goals, but we played against a strong team today in the second half.AdvertisementAdvertisement‘We were in a difficult moment so these three points are good for us.’More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man CityWhile Arsenal scored twice, Huddersfield fired off 15 shots to the Londoner’s nine and had more efforts on target than the Gunners.Huddersfield created two clear-cut chances, the same as Arsenal, and couldn’t captilise with the lion’s share of the possession.Lacazette admitted the away win drought was playing on Arsenal’s mind, but the striker insisted it was a tough encounter with the Terriers. Alexandre Lacazette wants more creativity from Arsenal after win over Huddersfield Advertisement Advertisement
The Gold Coast’s old fibro shacks are rapidly disappearing. This 58 Marine Pde, Miami property is on the market.ERIC Mein has lived on the same block of land in the same street for 64 years.He and his family lived in a tent after his father bought the Miami property for 50 pounds in 1953 because they could not afford to build a home.“Dad had to borrow money from friends to buy the block,’’ Mein said.“Our family lived in a tent for a long time and there was no electricity. We had a thunderbox down the back for a toilet.”Mein said his father worked for the Gold Coast council until he could afford to build.“After he began working he started building our family home in small stages,” he said of the Sunshine Parade property.Like Eric Mein, Patricia Henricksen was born in the living room of her house at 86 Johnston St Southport. She has now sold it. Picture: Glenn HampsonThe two-storey fibro shack was demolished in 2004 to make way for duplexes.Now, Mein is about to let go of that history by the selling the only property his family has known on the Gold Coast — and he’s not alone.A number of fibro shacks, weatherboard cottages and old brick homes from the 1950s and beyond have hit the market.They are all in prime locations and worthy of million-dollar price tags.Former Miami teacher Margaret Wright is selling her mother’s home at 39 Britannia Ave.39 Britannia Ave, Broadbeach Waters is on the market.“My father was a foreman from Sydney and our family had to move to the Gold Coast in the ’60s for the building boom,” Wright said.“Our family bought one of the nicest homes on the block in Broadbeach Waters for $22,800.”The family bought the home in 1973 and is offloading it to pay for her mother’s nursing home fees.“It is a really emotional sale because it was home to so many family memories,” she said.More from news02:37Purchasers snap up every residence in the $40 million Siarn Palm Beach North8 hours ago02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa1 day ago39 Britannia Avenue was bought for $22,000 back in the dayIn Surfers Paradise, a 1960s cottage at 31 Pine Ave will go under the hammer on June 3.Julie Kuiters originally bought the home as an investment almost 20 years ago with a plan to build duplexes.“It was a deceased estate when I found it. The retro style was a big appeal.“We wanted to knock it down but the original character of the home was hard to let go of, it was timeless.“A lot of Korean and Japanese tourists take photos in front of the house and the property is really popular with our Airbnb guests.”31 Pine Ave, Surfers Paradise.Jackson Paradise, from Ray White Prestige Surfers Paradise, is marketing the property and said the home was a blue chip Budds Beach cottage sprawled across a 539sq m block.Southport woman Patricia Henricksen was born in the living room of her family home at 86 Johnston St, which sold under the hammer for $880,000 last weekend.The 1930s brick and weatherboard house had 50 bidders at the auction and the new owner also has plans to build a duplex.Patricia Henricksen was born in the living room of this house at 86 Johnston St Southport and has lived there her entire life. Picture Glenn HampsonElsewhere, a 1960s beach house at 2 Paradise Pde, Paradise Point, bought for $82,000 in the 1970s, is on the market for $2.020 million.2 Paradise Pde, Paradise Point.At Mermaid Beach, a number of beach cottages are available, including 15 Hilda St for $1.595 million and 85 Seagull Ave for $1.290 million.15 Hilda St, Mermaid Beach.Down the road at 31 Montana St in Mermaid Beach, a humble 1950s fibro shack is being marketed by Luke Henderson, from John Henderson Professionals Mermaid Beach, for $2 million.On the market for the first time since being built, the cottage is 150 metres to the beach.31 Montana Road Mermaid Beach
Loading… Roberto Martinez has extended his contract as Belgium coach until 2022 to take him up to the World Cup in Qatar, the Belgian football federation announced Wednesday. Roberto Martinez led Belgium to third place at the 2018 World Cup finals The 46-year-old former Everton manager took over as head coach of the Belgian national side in 2016, leading them to third in the 2018 World Cup. The Spaniard’s initial contract ran until Euro 2020, which has been postponed a year because of the coronavirus pandemic. He has overseen the Red Devils in 43 games in total, notching up 34 wins, six draws and just three defeats, leaving Belgium as FIFA’s number one ranked team.Advertisement Read Also: Tyson offers fans chance to train with him ahead of comeback Martinez kicked off his coaching career with Swansea in 2007 before moving on to Wigan in 2009, notably winning the 2013 FA Cup against Manchester City but also suffering relegation from the Premier League. He then coached Everton before signing up with Belgium, taking over from Marc Wilmots. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentRidiculously Expensive Things The Rock Spends His Money OnBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For ThemEver Thought Of Sleeping Next To Celebs? This Guy Will Show YouThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreWhy Do So Many Digital Assistants Have Feminine Names & Voices?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top6 TV Characters Whose Departures Have Made The Shows Better