“This ground is worth developing as a national Cricket venue due to it being accessible by road from the Highlands and Madang and also by sea from the Islands.”But he also added that the LCA is looking for more crowd support this year to attract sponsors as there is still a lot of work to do to develop the venues.“Our show ground venue is really fantastic and in fact the National Regional Championship was held there this year as your grounds in Port Moresby were under construction for the Pacific Games,” said Ratwatte.The LCA 2015 competition will start tomorrow with four teams confirmed for this season.Games will be played at the UNITECH oval and the Lae Show Grounds.
There to officiate at the event included President of the PNG Olympic Committee, Sir John Dawanincura, Trukai’s National Marketing Manager, Maybellyne Fernandes, PNG’s super fish, Ryan Pini and Team PNG Chef de Mission to Rio, Emma Waiwai.This year’s event is expected to see over 50,000 participants hit the streets to take part in the nationwide event on June 26, 2016.The PNG Cancer Foundation has also joined in as a partner for the Fun Run with Patron, Lynda Baboa-O’Neill present to launch the Fun Run shirts.Dawanicurra said all funds raised from the Fun Run will again go to sending Team PNG to compete in international events, with the focus this year being centred around the 2016 Rio Olympics.He said the success of Team PNG can be attributed to the support from Trukai and other support sponsors including the government.Waiwai added encouraging people to show their support for Team PNG by buying a shirt and participating.Fernandes said Trukai was excited to host the annual event that promotes good health and an active lifestyle.She said preparations have been going well.”We are sponsoring 100, 000 shirts again as our contribution to the fundraising drive for Team PNG.”While we are yet to confirm figures, we are confident the number of participating centres will increase from last year’s 16,” said Fernandes.The auction for this year’s Fun Run will take place in Lae on the 16th of March at the Lae Yacht Club and the 17th at the Royal Papua Yacht Club.
Francesco Totti against Roma. Il Capitano He left the club of his life this summer with an open war with Palotta and his directive that still continues. The trequartista valued his future as an agent and in DAZN Italy asked him if he as a representative had taken himself as a young man to play Rome today. “It wouldn’t take him to play Roma. They would sell him too fast,” he said, criticizing the current signing policy of the Italian capital’s club, his club.According to the Italian press, Totti wants his first represented to be Sebastiano Esposito, Inter striker and one of the most promising Calcio players. “They forced me to stop football”Francesco Totti did not stop there. The 10 confirmed something he considered ‘vox populi’: that the directive forced him to retire. “Everyone knows that they forced me to stop playing. They wanted me to retire and had a six-year contract as a director, “said the transalpine midfielder who provided more details of his relationship with the owners.“The relationship with Franco Baldini has never existed or would exist. If I made that decision it is normal for misunderstandings. One of the two had to leave. I took a step to the side because there were many people putting obstacles and creating chaos, “he said.
The technician spoke with La Gazzetta dello Sport, admitting that it seems to him an excellent nine, but admits that he does not know if it is to the liking of Leo Messi and that one would have to ask the ten if it is like this: “Lautaro Martínez is a great footballer. Does Messi like him? We will have to ask him. All good players can attract Barcelona’s interest. There is also the fact that for many playing with Leo represents a great incentive.”La Gazzetta dello Sport ‘); return false; “class =” item-multimedia “>Cover of La Gazzetta dello Sport from May 1, 2020.La Gazzetta dello Sport 5 The Barcelona is clear that his priority for the next transfer market is Lautaro Martinez. The striker of the Inter Milan is called to be the replacement of Luis Suárez, and while the Italian club is tough in the negotiations asking for 90 million euros plus Arturo Vidal and the transfer of Antoine Griezmann, the Barça coach, Quique Setién, has ruled on the matter. 8 LaLiga Santander* Data updated as of May 1, 2020 He also had time to talk about Fabián Ruizsoccer player Naples the one he had at his command when he sat on the bench of the Betis. He acknowledges that both were very comfortable together and that it has evolved a lot: “I was with him for a year and it was enough to show that he was a great player, of an extraordinary level, that he had enormous potential and he took it out very quickly. He was comfortable with me because I put him where he liked and he did it well” .Arthur stays, Pjanic likes 10 The price of Lautaro’s termination clause will be set at 111 million euros and the new economic crisis makes it very difficult for Barça to tackle that amount. That is why Inter has become serious and demands 90 million in addition to the players mentioned above. In any case, it seems that the negotiations will be long, but the player He already seems to have the yes of what would be his new coach. Do you open the door to Fabián? 10 8 But Setién also took the opportunity to talk about the renewal of Leo Messi, who just today celebrates 15 years of his debut with the first team, in which he scored the first of the 627 goals he has scored so far. He admits that there has been tension in recent months, but that his brush with the directive has already been left behind: “Messi will not leave. He and Barcelona will always be united. It is like that. Leo has been at Barça for twenty years and nobody could explain a situation of rupture. It is normal for things to happen in big clubs and for there to be conflicts, but they are resolved. “ On the other hand, Setien spoke of the rumors that have placed Arthur outside the azulgrana orbit. The coach supports the midfielder’s decision to stay to try to succeed in the Barcelona: “I speak to managers very often and nobody has told me anything about it. Among other things, Arthur has already said twice that he wants to stay at Barça and I understand it perfectly. I would think the same thing instead. He would not leave a team like this, not even the possibility of having the best player in the world at your side. “ He finally recognized that he likes the Bosnian game of Juventus, Miralem Pjanic, which sounded for Barça precisely in the aforementioned rumors about Arthur: “Pjanic is another excellent player, but today it is risky to talk about the market.”
first goal WESTERN BUREAU: Montego Bay United yesterday defeated FC Reno 2-1 in their Red Stripe Premier League western derby football match at Frome Sports Complex behind a brace from striker Dino Williams, to inflict the first league loss in six matches for Michael Graham’s men. It was a derby with a little of everything involved: yellow cards – four of them to be exact – crunching tackles, missed chances and, of course, the main ingredient, goals. And at the end, the visitors broke the hearts of their hosts. Montego Bay United swept into the top spot in the standings on 13 points, the same as Portmore United, but with a superior goal difference, while FC Reno dropped one spot to third. Williams struck his first goal in the 29th minute to cancel out Roshane Sharpe’s sixth-minute goal for Reno, then shattered Reno’s plans with an 86th-minute poacher’s goal. Sharpe profited from a defensive error that was initiated by goalkeeper Jacomeno Barrett, who bowled the ball out to his central defender, Cardel Simpson, who had difficulty controlling the ball. Then, in an attempt to clear the ball, it took a deflection into the path of Williams, who picked his spot to open the scoring. Reno goalkeeper Ashek Taylor mishandled a Williams shot from just outside the area and the ball slipped through his hands and legs and over the line to make the score 1-1. Williams added insult to injury when he popped up to poke the ball home in the 86th for Montego Bay’s go-ahead goal, to seal the victory. “They jumped on us early with that goal, but we fought back to level things up. I thought we played a really sound game today (yesterday) to earn the win,” MBU coach Tim Hankinson said. He reasoned that his team needs to tighten up defensively if they are to avoid conceding cheap goals and stayed clear of blaming goalkeeper Barrett for the goal. Michael Graham, the Reno coach, was left bitterly disappointed, but noted he was pleased with aspects of the performance. “We are already looking to the next match. I think although we conceded late on to lose this game, we played well,” Graham said.
NAGPUR, India (AP) — Former champions West Indies remained unbeaten and advanced to the World Twenty20 semi-finals earlier today after edging out South Africa by three wickets for their third straight win in Group 1. Marlon Samuels hit 43 off 44 balls and led West Indies to 123-7 in 19.4 overs after South Africa’s batsmen struggled on a slow wicket and limped to 122-8 with Quinton de Kock scoring a fighting 47 off 46 balls. The third successive chase after winning the toss earned West Indies six points and the 2012 champions can sweep the group by defeating Afghanistan on Sunday. South Africa will be eliminated if England, who already have four points, beat defending champions Sri Lanka tomorrow. South Africa have two points from their solitary win against Afghanistan, with a match against Sri Lanka to come. NOTE: Earlier this story had said the West Indies made 126 for 7 in 19.4 overs. That was incorrect. It was actually 123 for 7 in 19.4 overs since the batsmen completed the winning run before the ball hit the boundary. As dictated by the cricket rules, the boundary would not have been counted since the winning run was completed before the ball reached the ropes.
… even as service providers threaten pull-out over excessive debtEven as several service providers, including Puran Brothers Disposal Services and Excalibur Security Services, are threatening to withhold their services given the excessive amounts of money owed to them by City Hall, Mayor Patricia Chase Green is maintaining that City Hall is not cash-strapped.Concerns were raised several days ago after information surfaced that City Hall was in deep debt, and could not afford to pay workers’ salaries and cover their expenses. It was also outlined that drainage contractors have ceased operations and rehabilitative works at the Kitty Market had come to a halt owing to financial difficulties.However, Chase Green has denied these claims, telling Guyana Times that the allegations were untrue, and City Hall was capable of covering the municipality’s monthly wage bill which was estimated to be $67 million. The Mayor revealed that workers were paid on Friday afternoon.“As I sit here, the treasurer has not informed me that City Council is bankrupt. Employees were paid here, and those who are being paid through the bank…their money have been sent through,” Chase Green stated.As it concerns the claim that security personnel had been withdrawn from several markets and other locations as a result of City Hall owing the security service, the Mayor maintained that she has not been informed of such, and rubbished the claims as hearsay.“As far as I’m aware, the security personnel are on duty as well as the Constabulary,” she stated.Chase Green stated that she has not received any such reports which suggest that City Hall was incapable of paying its debts, and, as such, she questioned the authenticity and reliability of the information that was published.However, the head of Excalibur Security Services, Retired Lieutenant Colonel George Gomes had confirmed to media operatives that he recalled security guards from several markets and other municipal locations on account of City Hall failing to pay its debt. It has been reported in sections of the media that the Council owed the security provider in excess of $30 million.Meanwhile, Puran Brothers Disposal Services has confirmed that plans are underway to pull its services unless the monies owed were paid off. A source close to the Disposal Services explained that management had sent several pieces of correspondence to City Hall concerning its debt, which was in excess of $40 million, but the Council was yet to respond.
The Principal Investigator, Dr. Mosoka Fallah, of the Liberia-United States Joint Clinical Research Partnership (PREVAIL), has said that Liberia and the global health community must take advantage of the opportunity to unravel the many unknowns associated with the Ebola virus. Dr. Fallah suggests that optimized clinical care can be provided to survivors while at the same time preparing Liberia and the entire world with the effective prevention and treatment tools against any future Ebola outbreak. During the launching of the Ebola Natural History Study at the John F. Kennedy Medical Center in Sinkor last Wednesday, Dr. Fallah announced that the study is investigating the variety of health problems faced by people who have survived Ebola virus disease and providing study participants with referral to other healthcare facilities in Liberia for free treatment. The study, also known as PREVAIL III, is designed to understand better what health problems Ebola survivors experience and to determine whether they are the same or different from the health problems experienced by people who have recovered from other serious diseases. The study will help to determine if people who survived the Ebola are “immune” or protected from getting Ebola in the future.Since the start of the study on June 17, a total number of 147 Ebola survivors have attended a thorough information session. Of this number, 27 people were successfully enrolled after completing the process, which includes consent to participate in the study, a review of the participant’s medical history, and medical and eye exams. The study is expected to enroll approximately 7,500 people, including 1,500 Ebola survivors and 6,000 of their close contacts within a five-year period. The Ebola Natural History Study is led by a team of Liberians and Americans under the umbrella of a larger Liberia-U.S. bilateral program to build a clinical research partnership and infrastructure in Liberia.Later this month, the study will also open at Duport Road Health Center, C. H. Rennie Hospital in Kakata and Monrovia’s Redemption Hospital. Additional sites in Liberia will join the study in the future. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Sandy McDonald completed the event with a time of 5:26:36 and was 17th out of 93 participants in her age group.Finally, Bob Andrews completed the race with a time of 5:37:05 and finished 30th out of the 67 competitors in his age group. Over the weekend, a select group of Fort St. John residents put their athletic abilities to the test.On Sunday, July 3, local triathletes participated in the Great White North Half Ironman triathlon, which took place in Edmonton, Alta.- Advertisement -The event consisted of 700 trialthetes from across western Canada, who biked, swam and ran.Four participants from Fort St. John took part in the triathlon.Darren Guliov completed the two kilometre swim, 90 km bike and 21 km run in five hours, 22 minutes and 20 seconds, finishing 51st out of 123 participants in his age group.Barb Polehoykie finished with a time of 5:24:04 and was 4th out of 43 racers in her age group.Advertisement
0Shares0000Egyptian star Mohamed Salah could be in hot water after Liverpool passed on video footage to police apparently showing him using his mobile phone whilst driving © AFP / Oli SCARFFLONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 14 – Egyptian star Mohamed Salah could be in trouble with police after his club Liverpool passed a video apparently showing him using his mobile phone while driving.A spokesman for last season’s Champions League finalists said they passed the video, which had circulated on social media, on to police after talking with Salah. “The club, after discussion with the player, have made Merseyside Police aware of the footage and the circumstances surrounding its capture,” said the spokesman cited on the BBC.“We have spoken to the player also and will deal with any follow-up internally.“Neither the club or player will be making any further comment on this matter.”Merseyside Police tweeted they had received the footage.“We have been made aware of a video believed to show a footballer using a mobile phone whilst driving. This has been passed to the relevant department. Thanks for letting us know,” they tweeted on their official account.Salah, who had a remarkable first season with Liverpool scoring 44 goals in all competitions and opened his account for this campaign with a goal in their opening 4-0 thrashing of West Ham on Sunday, could if found guilty of using his mobile face a fine of up to £1000 ($1300, 1100 euro) and points on his licence.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)